Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding values to a multiselect picklist

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

CRMSarah_0-1689083269633.png

CRMSarah_1-1689083288620.png

CRMSarah_2-1689083384898.png

So after testing this, if the one that already has 'Accounting' in the Job_Function__c field, if I process the modify, it will change the value from 'Accounting' to 'Executive' rather than being 'Accounting; Executive'; any recommendations for combining the values? 

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CRMSarah, I did some testing in Modify with some formulas but couldn't find a way to get them to combine, however I did have success in using the Import module instead!

In Import, you can use your current SF org as your source & choose the Contact object from the dropdown. Once you choose your object, you can still add your Record Selection Criteria under "Select Subset'. Choose the Update Operation, Key Field Method, and then the Contact Object from the second dropdown.

From here, you will want to map your Contact ID to the Contact ID (as pictured below) & choose it as the key field by clicking the blue key icon. From here, select "Add Constant" & choose Job Function as your Target Field. Add your Custom Value of "Executive" & choose Combine Field from the right hand side of the layout as shown in the second screenshot.

JonG_Validity_0-1689084963723.png

JonG_Validity_1-1689084997559.png

Once imported, the new value will be added to the picklist & combined with any existing values. Be sure to test in your environment before doing this in bulk, but I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CRMSarah, I did some testing in Modify with some formulas but couldn't find a way to get them to combine, however I did have success in using the Import module instead!

In Import, you can use your current SF org as your source & choose the Contact object from the dropdown. Once you choose your object, you can still add your Record Selection Criteria under "Select Subset'. Choose the Update Operation, Key Field Method, and then the Contact Object from the second dropdown.

From here, you will want to map your Contact ID to the Contact ID (as pictured below) & choose it as the key field by clicking the blue key icon. From here, select "Add Constant" & choose Job Function as your Target Field. Add your Custom Value of "Executive" & choose Combine Field from the right hand side of the layout as shown in the second screenshot.

JonG_Validity_0-1689084963723.png

JonG_Validity_1-1689084997559.png

Once imported, the new value will be added to the picklist & combined with any existing values. Be sure to test in your environment before doing this in bulk, but I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

The preview is taking an incredibly long time (561,845 records) but I'm giving it a try! I have high hopes for your solution! Thanks for the reply! I'll report back when I get through it. 

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

@CRMSarah I will note that you won't get a preview like Modify where it shows you the value it is being updated to, so you'll want to process a record and then check in SF to test. It worked for me so I have high hopes as well 🙂

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager