cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DemandTools V 5.33 Maintenance Release - 12/4/23

Anonymous
Validity Team
DemandTools 5.33 is now available! This maintenance release includes performance updates and bug fixes.

Feature Enhancements
  • Dedupe: Performance enhancement when comparing millions of records to identify duplicates within a scenario.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an issue in Import, when creating a new record via Create Child Object in an Update or Upsert operation, where global campaign assignment or task creation configured was not applying for newly created child records.
  • Fixed an issue in Dedupe where objects relating to features deprecated by Salesforce were causing errors during the merge process.
If you have an open ticket with Validity Support that has been resolved by this release, you will be contacted directly

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @michael-wtds ,

I'm going to open a support ticket on your behalf for this issue.  You can download the file via MyValidity instead and you should then have no issues installing.  

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Carlton
Enthusiast

Upon running Dedupe after the update (I believe from 5.32), I am now receiving an error during the first scenario:

"tgtxPreUpdateContact: System.LimitException: Too many SOQL queries: 101"

As an organization that utilizes TargetX built onto our Salesforce, there is additional managed code that runs as a result of creation/updates of many objects. I am investigating and will be testing updates to batch size settings to resolve this. But perhaps if there were any changes that could affect this, any insight would be helpful. This did not occur on the previous version. My organization is one of those that would benefit from the Dedupe update within 5.33.0.0 due to the number of records.

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @Carlton, I'm sorry to hear you're running into this error after upgrading to 5.33 - I was able to locate this Salesforce article regarding the error, and it seems like you're on the right track with needed to adjust your batch size for merging. I would suggest playing around with this by lowering it and seeing if that resolves the issue, just keep in mind that the lower you put it, the more API calls you might utilize.

If this does not resolve the issue, I would suggest investigating if there were any updates made to your Salesforce org that may cause this error. If you need any assistance in doing this, you can open a ticket with our support team using this link.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

Hello, Thank you for the response. I am making headway with settings changes. This update is a great improvement on processing speed, I am overall very happy with it. Thanks.

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else had an issue with 5.33.0 downloading.  I've started the download 3 different times over the past week, and the downloading screen stays up and nothing happens.  So, I've had to end DT in task manager to get this to go away and just restart without downloading the new version.

I know this is probably a support ticket, but I was hoping to find a quicker answer on the community.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @michael-wtds ,

I'm going to open a support ticket on your behalf for this issue.  You can download the file via MyValidity instead and you should then have no issues installing.  

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

Thank you @AnthonyValidity 

The direct download worked.

https://my.validity.com/demandtools/products