cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Demand Tools to purge old leads

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

Hello community! I am looking for some ways to use Demand Tools to help with purging old leads. We are getting close to over 300,000 records in our org and I know quite a few never amount to anything beyond that stage. What are some conditions or formulas that I can use in Demand Tools to identify and remove these records? I have tried to use a Salesforce Report in the past but ran into records identified to remove that should not be. This would be students with no applications, enrollment history records, attachments, etc. Nothing but basic contact information. Any and all help is appreciated 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU! There are couple of things that you could try to clean these leads up - my first suggestion is using the Convert module to see if there are any leads that match existing Contacts/Accounts within your database. We also have a training video that you can watch here.

If you are truly just looking to delete these records you could always set some record selection criteria to filter to records that do not have certain fields populated by leaving the "Values" box blank for certain fields.

Unfortunately record selection criteria can not be set based on child objects and whether or not there are any attachments, but you might be able to use Modify to identify those records. Modify has a function that allows you to count the # of a specified child object related to a record and place that value on another field to use as a condition in other modules. I'm happy to clarify further if needed!

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU! There are couple of things that you could try to clean these leads up - my first suggestion is using the Convert module to see if there are any leads that match existing Contacts/Accounts within your database. We also have a training video that you can watch here.

If you are truly just looking to delete these records you could always set some record selection criteria to filter to records that do not have certain fields populated by leaving the "Values" box blank for certain fields.

Unfortunately record selection criteria can not be set based on child objects and whether or not there are any attachments, but you might be able to use Modify to identify those records. Modify has a function that allows you to count the # of a specified child object related to a record and place that value on another field to use as a condition in other modules. I'm happy to clarify further if needed!

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager