cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand Tools Mass Effect Question

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

Hello Validity Community! I have used Demand Tools for several years now, recently upgrading to Demand Tools V. One thing I cannot seem to do with the new platform is Mass Effect using a .csv file. I tend to use this feature a lot for updating one field on a small group of records, versus updating every record. Is this something I am completely missing in Demand Tools V? Or perhaps something that will be coming soon? For now I have been going back to the old version but I would prefer to not go that route. I looked under the Modify option but do not see where we can upload a file. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU ,

Thank you for reaching out - happy to see you here!  This is a good quesiton.

DemandTools V (DTV)'s Import module is what you're looking for.  It allows you to update, insert, or upsert in one scenario.  You can use either key fields or use match criteria if you do not have the Salesforce IDs. 

The Modify module would be used for conditional batches where the value is the same across all the records, and the Import module would be best to use when you have a file and the values for each record are different.

Common use cases for the Import module:

• Import and Match a list of Leads from a trade show
  • Import new target accounts
  • Migrate data from legacy systems
  • Insert records into newly created custom objects
  • Insert Products and Pricebooks
  • Add or reassign account teams
  • Update records using email address (or other external ids) as the key
  • Populate newly created custom fields
  • Schedule regular imports, updates, or upserts
  • Transform data on insert or update using standardization formulas

You can find training videos in the DemandTools V (DTV) Videos section of our Help Center.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LeonaBelkMSSU ,

Thank you for reaching out - happy to see you here!  This is a good quesiton.

DemandTools V (DTV)'s Import module is what you're looking for.  It allows you to update, insert, or upsert in one scenario.  You can use either key fields or use match criteria if you do not have the Salesforce IDs. 

The Modify module would be used for conditional batches where the value is the same across all the records, and the Import module would be best to use when you have a file and the values for each record are different.

Common use cases for the Import module:

• Import and Match a list of Leads from a trade show
  • Import new target accounts
  • Migrate data from legacy systems
  • Insert records into newly created custom objects
  • Insert Products and Pricebooks
  • Add or reassign account teams
  • Update records using email address (or other external ids) as the key
  • Populate newly created custom fields
  • Schedule regular imports, updates, or upserts
  • Transform data on insert or update using standardization formulas

You can find training videos in the DemandTools V (DTV) Videos section of our Help Center.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr

Thanks so asking this question as I was also struggling.

LeonaBelkMSSU
Frequent Contributor

Thank you @AnthonyValidity . I saw the training videos but had not found the time to watch any of them. I appreciate your thourough explanation. That is definitely good information to have. I look forward to using this module. 

My pleasure, @LeonaBelkMSSU !

If you ever have functionality or use case questions feel free to join our Expert Office Hours.  We have fun and love helping out!

Best,

Anthony
Customer Success Manager

Anthony Lardiere Jr

ken_shaw
Observer

Thanks for the question and the answer.  "Import" is not an intuitive name for "modify from file", and every time I come back to Demand Tools V I struggle with this question (and go back to the old version).