cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DupeBlocker Question - How to mark two accounts as NOT duplicates of one another

CRMSarah
Frequent Contributor

Hi Validity friends! Question for you. 

I have two accounts which appear to be duplicates but because they both have a Client Number, they should never be merged together. Can I mark these two accounts as NOT duplicates of one another so they do not come up on my duplicate warning list? 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CRMSarah,

I I think I found the best solution for you - there were a few that I reviewed.  As you know, deleting a warning doesn't guarantee it won't come back if someone views or updates the record again.  One option, of course, is to make your scenario more rigid so that these won't qualify.  I don't think that's an option here since you're reaching out.

You will have to break your existing scenario into two independent scenarios.  Both scenarios will be using dual filters.  Article section that explains Dual Filters.  "Separate filters can be created to specify which new/updated records should be matched with which existing records."

In the first scenario, we're going to filter on the new/updated records with aclient ID field that equals null.  After enabling Dual Filters (by checking "Enable Dual Filters"), you will have two filter sections.  The first section, called "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," filters on inserted/updated records.  We will not be putting anything in the existing records filter which is called "New DupeBlocker Scenario Target Filter."

AnthonyValidity_0-1699382454391.png

In the second scenario, it will be exactly the same except for the dual filter criteria.  Under "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," you're going to add a condition that only looks at records that have a Client ID.  In the "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," you're going to condition on records that have a blank client ID (equals null).

AnthonyValidity_1-1699382565800.png

These two scenarios will generate warnings unless both records have a Client ID:

Scenario Inserted/Updated Record Existing Record Outcome
1 No Client ID No Client ID Duplicate Warning 
2 No Client ID Has Client ID Duplicate Warning 
3 Has Client ID No Client ID Duplicate Warning 
4 Has Client ID Has Client ID Nothing

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr
Senior Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CRMSarah!

I'm currently researching this and will get back to you tomorrow - I didn't want you to think we're ignoring you 🙂

Regards, 

Anthony Lardiere Jr

AnthonyValidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CRMSarah,

I I think I found the best solution for you - there were a few that I reviewed.  As you know, deleting a warning doesn't guarantee it won't come back if someone views or updates the record again.  One option, of course, is to make your scenario more rigid so that these won't qualify.  I don't think that's an option here since you're reaching out.

You will have to break your existing scenario into two independent scenarios.  Both scenarios will be using dual filters.  Article section that explains Dual Filters.  "Separate filters can be created to specify which new/updated records should be matched with which existing records."

In the first scenario, we're going to filter on the new/updated records with aclient ID field that equals null.  After enabling Dual Filters (by checking "Enable Dual Filters"), you will have two filter sections.  The first section, called "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," filters on inserted/updated records.  We will not be putting anything in the existing records filter which is called "New DupeBlocker Scenario Target Filter."

AnthonyValidity_0-1699382454391.png

In the second scenario, it will be exactly the same except for the dual filter criteria.  Under "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," you're going to add a condition that only looks at records that have a Client ID.  In the "New DupeBlocker Scenario Filter," you're going to condition on records that have a blank client ID (equals null).

AnthonyValidity_1-1699382565800.png

These two scenarios will generate warnings unless both records have a Client ID:

Scenario Inserted/Updated Record Existing Record Outcome
1 No Client ID No Client ID Duplicate Warning 
2 No Client ID Has Client ID Duplicate Warning 
3 Has Client ID No Client ID Duplicate Warning 
4 Has Client ID Has Client ID Nothing

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Anthony Lardiere Jr