cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organization of Scenarios

CamilaN
Explorer

Wondering if y'all have ideas or suggestions on how to organize scenarios? Right now we are utilizing the star function but would love to see some folder capacity. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CamilaN, currently the best way to organize/sort your scenarios would be to utilize the filter functions located at the top of the Scenario list. This will help you narrow down your list to object, module, and created by.

If you are interested in seeing a folder feature in a future DemandTools V (DTV) release, I would highly suggest navigating to our feature requests section within your MyValidity homepage & voting for this functionality. To vote for this, just click into the existing tile titled "Organize Scenarios in Folders/Tags" under the "General/System" section. Just be sure to notate how critical this is for your and your organzation when doing so!

You can read more about submitting/voting on feature requests within this documentation.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JonG_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @CamilaN, currently the best way to organize/sort your scenarios would be to utilize the filter functions located at the top of the Scenario list. This will help you narrow down your list to object, module, and created by.

If you are interested in seeing a folder feature in a future DemandTools V (DTV) release, I would highly suggest navigating to our feature requests section within your MyValidity homepage & voting for this functionality. To vote for this, just click into the existing tile titled "Organize Scenarios in Folders/Tags" under the "General/System" section. Just be sure to notate how critical this is for your and your organzation when doing so!

You can read more about submitting/voting on feature requests within this documentation.

Regards,

Jonathan Greenip
Customer Success Manager

michael-wtds
Frequent Contributor

Great Idea.  I've been trying to use key words in my scenario names to help with this. 

For example I have to run 4 scenarios for a weekly sales import process (match contacts, then accounts, the upsert opportunities, and then reassign opportunity owners).  So, I find these by filtering on "Sales Import" which finds my scenarios starting with "Sales Import 1, Sales Import 2, ...".

Murphybp79
Frequent Contributor

If found that if a I filter on the Module and then Object I can usually find what I'm looking for.  Besides that I try to use key words in the Scenario Name so I can find them by searching.  I also put a detailed description of what the scenario does when creating it so I'll know what it's for when I come across it later.  The only ones I favorite are those that I use regularly on a reoccurring basis. 

aragon
Enthusiast

I find that using the Object as the first identifier is the best, Department used for and then something specific to set it apart from others. Example: Accounts for Marketing Summer campaign or Accounts for Marketing ?? Record type

Murphybp79
Frequent Contributor

@CamilaN The tagging feature was recently added in the 5.31.0 release.  DemandTools 5.31.0 Release Notes – Validity Help Center