cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event

Manuel_Validity
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome to the Validity DemandTools Ask Me Anything event.

This event has ended this time and no more replies to this thread will be accepted, please stay tuned for our next event later in the year.

If you have further questions, please post them to the DemandTools Forum where one of our user experts will surely answer!

Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

Elliot_Validity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

3) Preview Grid Sorting and Filtering

The DemandTools product team is aware of the demand for sorting and filtering of the Preview Grid across the product. Whilst this is not something on the immediate roadmap, we will continue to monitor customer demand to ensure effective prioritization of this within the roadmap in the future. Please feel free to submit a feature request for this following these instructions.

DianeH
Explorer

How do I register for this event?  I can't seem to find a link to register.

Hi Diane, there's no need to register for this event. The event consists of our two DemandTools subject matter experts, Aja and Elliot (see their bios at the bottom here), ready to answer the pre-event questions as well as any questions we get asked here in the same thread you posted the question.

Thank you!

Manuel

I'd like to know that as well.

Hello Klehman, there's no need to register for this event. The event consists of our two DemandTools subject matter experts, Aja and Elliot (see their bios at the bottom here), ready to answer the pre-event questions as well as any questions we get asked here in the same thread you posted the question.

Thank you!

Manuel

klehman
Explorer

Thank you so much for hosting this!

We are in the process of migrating to Salesforce from another CRM. In inserting/upserting data, we've had instances of special characters not being translated into Salesforce correctly despite having the UTF-8 checkbox checked off when upserting/inserting records. Is there a way to make sure all records get converted properly? We did confirm that this isn't an issue with Salesforce recognizing the characters; we were able to cut and paste directly from our old system into Salesforce and it came in fine. We did use Excel for the data extract for our old system. Any tips to follow?

Hi @klehman, thanks for your question. This is certainly an interesting use case and we'd love to understand more about it! A member of our DemandTools Center of Excellence team will reach out to you to discuss how DemandTools can assist.

For the rest of our community, we'll post more details on this topic in due course to ensure we're all learning!

LFoster
Contributor

When matching, I noticed that the original data columns are not in the same order from top of column to bottom.  Example: ABC co, LMN Inc and XYZ Corp.  These come back in a different order.  This forces the copy/paste of all data back to the original sheet vs just a single column or two of the found data points.  This is important when doing multiple matches on the same data across different objects.  Sorry for the odd question.  Just something that I wanted to understand so I can better anticipate the results or change my process to accommodate.

ajavalidity
Validity Team Member
Validity Team Member

Hi @LFoster Thanks for your question. In prepping to provide you an answer for our live AMA session, I'll need you to provide me with a bit more detail as I'm not fully understanding your question. What module are you referencing? What file are you noticing data in a different order? The audit file? An exported grid? I'm looking forward to hearing back so we can ensure we are providing you with the most accurate response. 

I am using the match module on the SFDC objects of leads, accounts or contacts.  The export file is not in the same order as the input file.  Columns are in order but the rows are not.  This can be taken offline if we need specific examples vs addressing in the webcast.